Philadelphia Consumer Class Action Attorneys
We Win Big on Behalf of Our Clients
When multiple people have claims against a person or corporation, they may be able to file a class action lawsuit. Such lawsuits are notoriously complex and can prove unfruitful without the right legal team propelling them forward. At Sacks Weston LLC, we have made a name for ourselves as some of the most successful class action lawyers in the country.
We have over 100 years of experience handling complex litigation matters and are capable of prosecuting cases all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court. With billions of dollars secured for those we represent, there is nothing our legal team cannot handle.
Your case deserves the best. That’s why you should
contact us at 215-764-3008
to learn how our Philadelphia consumer class action lawyers can assist you.
Types of Consumer Rights Violations
Corporations must adhere to strict regulations outlined in state statutes, such as Pennsylvania’s Unfair Trade Practices and Consumer Protection Law (UTPCPL) and New Jersey’s Consumer Fraud Act (NJCFA). These statutes safeguard consumers and purchasers of household goods and services from deceptive practices and unfair methods of competition.
Consumer protection laws contain a myriad of provisions targeting unjust acts, including:
- False advertising: Advertising that confuses or misleads consumers on the provider of an item or service, or the sponsor or affiliation of such product or service
- Representation the product or service as having features or qualities that it actually does not have
- Representing used items as new
- Representing the product or service at a particular standard despite not meeting such standard
- Bait-and-switch practices: Advertising without the intent of providing the advertising product or service, or not providing enough to supply expected demand, unless it is indicated that there is a limited supply
- Promising a buyer referral compensation where the compensation is dependent on a future event
- Chain letters
- Promoting or engaging in pyramid schemes
- Soliciting telephone sales without stating the identity of the caller, the purpose of the call, and the nature of the promotion
Unfortunately, far too many companies fail to comply with consumer protection laws like the UTPCPL and NJFCA. Deceptive practices like price gorging and charging for unsolicited services can result in steep financial losses, injuries, and other damages for victims. Our lawyers know how to use class actions to remedy harm and create leverage against large corporations.
Telephone Consumer Protection Act Violations
The Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) allows consumers to avoid unwanted telephone solicitations by imposing and enforcing restrictions on telemarketing calls and messages, the use of automatic telephone dialing systems, and the use of artificial or prerecorded voice messages.
The TCPA provides a private right of action for violations and statutory damages in the amount of $500 for each separate violation and up to $1,500 for each “willful” violation. This is for every single individual text or individual call.
The TCPA rules were revised in 2012 to require telemarketers to:
- Obtain prior express written consent from consumers before robocalling them
- No longer allow telemarketers to use an "established business relationship" to avoid getting consent from consumers when their home phones
- Provide an automated, interactive "opt-out" mechanism during each robocall so consumers can immediately tell the telemarketer to stop calling
Fair Debt Collection Practices Act Violations
Under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), debt collectors are prohibited from using abusive, unfair, or deceptive practices when collecting debts. For instance, they cannot harass you, lie to you, or engage in unfair practices concerning credit card debt, auto loans, medical bills, student loans, mortgages, and other household debt.
The FDCPA allows consumers to recover monetary damages, including a statutory penalty of up to $1,000. Consumers can also sue to stop additional collection efforts.
With this in mind, our attorneys will provide unwavering attention and diligence in filing a suit against debt collectors who violated the FDCPA and work tirelessly to recover the maximum amount of damages available.
Product Liability Claims
Manufacturers, distributors, and retailers have significant responsibilities for ensuring that a product is safe for consumers. If a consumer suffers injuries or other damages from dangerous or defective products due to a company’s negligence, the company is accountable for such wrongdoings.
In addition, consumers may file a breach of warranty claim if they received a defective product and sustained injuries despite using the product as directed. However, many companies fail to take responsibility for their negligent and wrongful actions, and when multiple consumers realize that they are not alone in their suffering, they may file a consumer class action lawsuit with the help of an experienced private law firm.
Making Legal History One Case at a Time
Our verdicts and settlements speak volumes about the exceptional representation we offer. We’ve achieved case results that few other law firms can boast and continually raise the bar when it comes to class action lawsuits. It is no wonder that our firm is trusted by individuals throughout the country.
When combined, our attorneys produce a formidable aura in the face of powerful corporations. We believe that our clients’ cases matter and refuse to settle for anything less than what they deserve.
Your Fight for Justice Begins & Ends at Our Firm
If you were injured by corporation deception, you can trust Sacks Weston LLC to work tirelessly to right your wrongs. We move tactically and compile strong cases built on unquestionable evidence.
Don’t let another day pass without taking a stand for justice. Our class action attorneys can be trusted with the details of your case and will preserve your best interests until we have resolved your legal matter.
“Five Star Service!”- Douglas
“Outcome Excellent!”- Lisa